Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fables, North Shore and Conferences!

It has been quite busy here in Hawaii since my last post! Between our first field trip, a weekend up at the North Shore and preparing everything for parent conferences next week, I have been quite exhausted. Because of my tired state of being I made the mistake of getting a venti coffee after school today to help me get through the rest of the work I had to do! So instead of going to bed like I should be right now, I am bouncing off the walls with hyperness annoying my roommates ;)

Last week we went on our first field trip to the Hawaii Theatre to see "Fun with Fables!" It was a successful field trips without losing or damaging any children. :) But I must say as much as I love first graders, a bus full of them is NOT fun! Next field trip I may be bringing ear plugs for the ride. The Hawaii Theatre was gorgeous and all the kids enjoyed the field trip very much.

After week full of teaching, taking class pictures, going on a field trip and presenting at Exordium (kind of like our chapel), Laura and I offered to help watch the kids at the retreat for the church leaders this past weekend.  So after school on Friday we headed up to the North Shore where we stayed at Camp Erdman. Grace you will be interested to know that Camp Erdman is where they filmed the "Others" camp for Lost! So basically I was walking and sleeping where all the stars of Lost had been!! :)

It was a great weekend to get to know some of the families at Trinity a little better. The camp was gorgeous! As you stepped out of the cabin there were the mountains and on the other side was the ocean! Doesn't get much better than that.We spent Friday watching the kids and then having a camp fire with everyone. It reminded me a little bit of family camp, except that we were in Hawaii so it wasn't freezing on the beach! I am thinking that next year we should have camp here! It was so much fun to be able to take a walk on the beach at night and look up at the amazing amount of starts in the night sky and see the silhouette of the mountains! I love the beach at night. Saturday we got to take the kids on a hike. I must say that my only disappointment was that I didn't see any sea turtles like everyone had told me I would! After the weekend of watching kids and sleeping at camp Laura and I both came home, plopped down on the couch and didn't move for a long long long time! Being with all the kids this weekend was a lot of fun but it made me miss my lil babies back home! Miss you Oliver and Adam!!

This week is another busy week because we have parent conferences next week! I can't believe how fast the school year is already going. It has been a really smooth start to school and I have been enjoying teaching so much. I must admit I am a little more stressed this week though with all the grades and assignments I need to get into our grade book on the computer before conferences next week. But I will get it done, I always do. :) Fall break will be a welcome break from work! I am sooooooooooooo excited to get to spend the week with Grace! Don't worry Grace I am planning out our daily activities! You will have so much fun you will never want to leave Hawaii! :)

Well, I think I am going to go take some laps around the house so that I can get some sleep! ;) Love you all!

Jessica




Ready for the field trip in my beautiful Trinity blue polo!!


At the Hawaii Theatre waiting for the show to start!

On the way in the bus. Aren't they Cute!
 
Our cabin at Camp Erdman.
The view out of our cabin!
On the hike with the kids.
North Shore!





2 comments:

  1. Well, now that they've seen you on a Venti Starbucks, your roommates have a whole new view of the real you. You and Venti is a revealing combination, to say the least! ;)

    Looks like you're having fun and keeping crazy busy!I'm glad you have some time off coming up soon. I'm so jealous Grace gets to see you and I don't. :( I'm sure you two are going to have a great week.

    Those North Shore pictures are stunning! I'm so glad you're having this experience.

    Love you!

    (oh, and isn't that picture of Oliver and Adam in their crib the BEST THING EVER?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes I was in quite the mood last night! Lol Poor Laura :)

    I am very excited to see Grace! I can't believe she is almost here. I feel like I just got here to Hawaii! :)

    I love that picture of the boys soooo much! I just keep looking at it and laughing out loud! It is so funny!

    Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete