Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day Weekend!

My three day weekend has come and gone and I am back to teaching! I had a fabulous three days off and got to do a little bit more exploring of the island!

On Sunday I think I may have found one of my new favorite things to do!! We borrowed a couple of boogie boards from the Pastor's family and hit the beach (walking there of course). It has been a long time since I have been boogie boarding and it was one of the most fun days I have had since getting here! Laura and I spent the whole day catching waves on our boogie boards then laying out in the sun and jumping back into the ocean to do it all over again! By the end of the day we were quite exhausted and a little more bruised and banged up then when we had started, but it was worth it!

Monday we woke up early and went hiking up to Manoa Falls with two families from Trinity. It was a beautiful hike and it was really fun to get to know so of the families from church. After our hike we were treated to a delicious lunch at a resturant on the water. It was a wonderful day and I made a new friends with Lenya, the Goda's 10 year old daughter. :) 

We also had our first party at our condo! We had a small house warming party with some of the teachers from trinity, a couple neighbors, and some people from church. It was a very fun night and I am very excited to have several more parties!  :)

~Jessica

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your Hawaiian adventures. I'm so happy for you! Do you need some Puyallup pastoral visitation yet? :) -Sara Scott

    ReplyDelete