Sunday, September 4, 2011

Volcanoes, Groceries, and Chicken Broccoli Casserole...

Three day weekends are a very very good thing! This three day weekend was a perfect present after a very busy and tiring week!

The second week of teaching was a really good week but also a very busy one. Monday we had parent night so I was at school from seven in the morning until nine at night. I have been blessed with a lot of great families in my class and am excited to get to know them better throughout the school year. We also have been learning about volcanoes during Hawaiian Studies this past week! Hawaiian Studies is one of my favorite things to teach because I get to learn so many cool things along with the kids. We even got to do a volcano experiment this week! It was so much fun to do because the kids were so excited about it! I loved watching their faces during each "eruption". It is safe to say I love teaching first grade!
Kawika isn't so sure about the volcanoe experiement!

Mixing the baking soda and water together.

Ready to see what is going to happen.

IT ERUPTED!

We also had to say goodbye to the car we have been using since we got here! The car has been very missed since we parted ways. Today Laura and I decided we needed make the trek into town to get groceries. We walked into town bought our groceries and then proceeded to walk the long walk back home with our groceries (groceries are heavy). I now have a new appreciation for cars! On the other hand we will be in amazing shape if we do this every weekend!

To finish off our day I was very proud of myself and made us a yummy dinner of chicken broccoli casserole! I even think the walk into town was worth it to make a delicious dinner. I felt very grown up, I didn't even have to call my mommy to help me make it! :)

And the best part is I still have two days off to find something fun to do! I will be sure to let you all know what it is after I have done it! Miss you all.

~Jessica

2 comments:

  1. You guys could be some of those people who push shopping carts home from the store and leave them outside in your yard.... Just a thought! :-) It would make walking home easier....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously considered doing that! :)

    ReplyDelete