Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day!!

Well, I survived the first day of first grade, and I didn't even lose any kids! It was a fabulous first day and I am so excited for this year and finally having my very own classroom of students. It was definitely a very busy day and I felt a little bit like I was running a marathon. I think the only time I stopped to sit was during lunch. I am already learning that when you have your own class room and you are the one who is always in charge, there is always more work to be done and a million things to remember!

I have a great group of students and only 13 students! The day was spent mostly setting up the routines of the day and my expectations for them. During the morning I left a little scattered and out of sorts but by the late morning when we started our Math I started to feel like I got my groove and things started to make sense! The rest of the day was a whirlwind of business and getting to know my students!

I had decided to dress up all nice for the first day of school and wear heels once. But I must say that by the end of school I was wishing I had not worn the heels :) In celebration of completing the first day of school and finally getting our condo all to ourselves us girls decided to get pizza, wine and ice cream for dessert!!!

Ready to do it all again! I will try to have pictures of my classroom up soon! Thank you for all the prayers today! I really appreciate it! Love you all.

~Jessica

3 comments:

  1. Wuhoo! So proud of you today! Hope the rest of your week is fun and satisfying. Lots of love from Oregon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes--Not being able to sit down + heels = not a good combination. :-) Congrats on your first day! Hopefully we can Skype soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous to hear that your first day went so well. I'm sure you will be outstanding, and are a shooin for the magna-cumlada-super teacher of the year award!

    ReplyDelete