Thursday, August 18, 2011

Whistle While You Work!

Well, some of you have said I need to post more (Grandma :) ). So here is a little of what I have been up to since my last post.

I am in the middle of my second and last week of teacher training. It has been busy busy busy and more busy! It is crunch time now to get all of our lesson planning and room set up done before Friday because parent conferences start at 7:30 on Friday Morning. This week has been a little more stressful than last week. There is a lot more little details that need to get done this week and when it seems you have crossed off a couple things off your to do list you remember about ten more you forgot you had to do! But my room is coming together very nicely and I am really excited about it! Everyone has been really helpful and my principal Nancy has already reassured that if things don't get done it won't be the end of the world and oh well! :) So tomorrow will be a busy day getting everything finished up and put away!

We have had lots of fun this week also of course! We finally got to have a beach day on Sunday, it finally really felt like I was in Hawaii! Laura, Laurie and I spent Sunday afternoon at Lanikai beach, swimming in the AMAZING water and lounging in the white sand! I absolutely LOVE the beaches here! I am thinking that this might become our Sunday afternoon routine! We also got to go to Target for our big shopping trip to get stuff for the condo! That was quite the trip where I spent more money than felt good (luckily it is part of my moving expenses, so it wasn't really my money I was spending). There are so many little things to think of when you first move into a new place and are trying to set up. Our condo looks like a disaster right now! Next week we will finally have the whole place to ourselves and will be able to arrange all of our stuff and unpack! I will be very glad when that happens, I don't love living out of a suitcase!

Here are a couple pics for you all to enjoy! I will post more of my classroom once I have it all put together!







~Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh! So pretty - the beach looks good on you! :)

    Just think, a couple more days and all the crazy stuff-your-head-with-details part will be done and the actual TEACHING will begin! You're going to have so much fun! We'll be praying for great first parent conferences tomorrow.

    Love ya!

    PS - Finishing the last bit of my book today - hurray! :)

    ReplyDelete