Monday, August 8, 2011

Ready Or Not...

Well I arrived last night in Honolulu with all my luggage and in one piece!! I was greeted by my new roommates with a beautiful Hawaiian lei! I got to finally meet Laurie, who is going to be one of my new roommates. I think all of us girls will have a fabulous time living together!

Since Laura and I can't move into our condo until August 15th I am going to be staying with Nancy, the principal of my campus. So Laurie and Laura took me straight from the airport to Nancy's house. Nancy has a beautiful home and I am so thankful for her generosity and welcoming attitude towards me! After a little bit of chatting with her and her husband I was ready to hit the hay, it had been a very long day!

Today I woke up (at 5) amazed by the beautiful view I get to see from my room! Since it was dark when I arrived last night I couldn't see anything and I was quite amazed by the view I awoke to! It is gorgeous, I find myself wondering if this is really where I am living now!

The rest of the day was filled with church, eating lunch with some of the other teachers and young couples from the church, and going to a play with Nancy and her husband! Everyone has been so nice and friendly, I have felt very comforted and welcome by everyone I have met. The sermon at church this morning was a perfect way to start out here on the island! The pastor preached about not being anxious about things that we can't control and that are unpredictable and new situations but choosing to trust God with your anxieties and trust that He has you where you are at in your life for a reason! It as a very fitting and comforting sermon for me to hear at the beginning of this journey!

Tomorrow everything starts!! So ready or not here we go! The next two weeks will be filled with teacher training and setting up my classroom and lesson planning and scheduling. I am expecting it to be a very busy next two weeks but I am excited to jump in and get started!

I will try to post pictures soon! It is so beautiful here!

Love and miss you all!

Jessica

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Jess, I am so excited for you! This experience sounds like it is going to be amazing! I am so glad that you found this opportunity and went for it! We are so proud of you and so excited for you. We love you and wish you all the Best! Sorry again we couldn't be at your going away party :( Cant wait for pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy! I am very excited about where God has me right now!! I think this will be an amazing experience! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete