Sunday, August 28, 2011

First Week Done... On to the Next!

I completed my first week of teaching! It was such a crazy busy week but I couldn't have asked for a better first week of school. I have a wonderful class of first graders who are for the most part very well behaved. I am a couple students who are talkers and have a bit of a hard time sitting still but we are working on that ;)

As the week went on I began to feel more and more comfortable with the daily routines and how things run at the school! I am so excited to have my own class of first graders and they already bring me so much joy! I love getting to see their faces light up when they realize they know something or get excited about what we are learning about. I did a lesson for both of the first grade classes about volcanoes and it was so much fun to have them all get excited. I am also really excited that I get to teach math for both of the first grade classes. I love teaching math and thing that team teaching is going to be very beneficial for both Kim (the other first grade teacher) and myself. Kim has been such a help to me and is always there to help me learn all of the schools procedures and routines, I am very thankful that we are partners!

Even though this was an amazing first week of school it was also a very very exhausting first week of school! I  would come home from school around six and practically be ready for bed! It will be nice when things get to be a little bit more of a routine and I am more comfortable with having my own classroom.

To celebrate completing our first week of teaching, Laura, Laurie and I all went out to Waikiki on Friday night to watch the fireworks show on the beach that the Hilton does every weekend! We got there just in time to watch the sunset and then watch the fireworks! It was a perfect way to celebrate!

Sundays are our day to relax and do a little bit of exploring so today after church and lunch we went hiking with another one of the Trinity teachers up to the Makapu'u lighthouse! It was a perfect day for it! The view from the top is absolutely gorgeous and the water is so blue and clear! It isn't much of a "hike" because you are on a paved trail the whole way up but it is completely worth going to and I am sure I will be doing it again!

So now I am ready to head into week two of teaching. I have parent night tomorrow night where all the parents come in and I tell them what I do with their children all day! Prayer that that would go smoothly would be greatly appreciated! I am missing everyone from home, especially with little Lily Eden being born this week! I wish I was there to hold her and kiss her! But I did get to Skype with my two favorite nephews which made me weekend! They are just so adorable and I can't wait to find out if I will be having another adorable niece or nephew this week! I love you all and miss you!



~Jessica

2 comments:

  1. miss you like crazy! just sayin'.

    feels WRONG that I didn't talk to you for an hour on Sunday. Maybe sometime this week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really weird not talking to you! It definitely makes me miss you more!!! But you are busy with a cute lil baby :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete