Saturday, August 6, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane...

All of my massively large bags are finally packed!! I just got to spend my last night on the mainland laughing and visiting with some amazing friends and family and am so thankful for the amazing people that I have been blessed with in my life. Tomorrow afternoon my Hawaiian adventure will begin! I will be spreading my wings and leaving home, to fly to the beautiful island of Oahu which will be my new home for at least the next year! It still doesn’t seem real to me and I don’t think that it will feel real until I have my toes in a beautiful white sand beach starring out at the clear blue ocean! I know this next year is going to be full of new experiences, adventures and people. It is very exciting to think about what God has planned for me in this next year!

Let me just start this blog off my saying that I am not a blogger or a writer in the least bit! I have never really liked to write so this blog probably won’t be that interesting to most people. But I thought it would be a good way for my family and friends and whoever else, to keep track of me and be updated with how my first year of living and teaching in Hawaii is going! I will try to keep up with it the best that I can and hopefully will have interesting things to share with you all every once in awhile J

This whole journey has been a whirlwind from the very beginning and it has only just begun. A little over a month ago I got my dream job of teaching first grade at a Christian school and in Hawaii of all places! Since accepting the job, I have spent my time cramming in as much family and friend time as I possibly can while planning and packing to move across the ocean! I am so happy that I got to spend this summer at my sister Amy’s house! It was one of the best summers that I have ever had. After being so busy these past couple of years with school and work I was very blessed to be able to take a break from the business and spend time with family and friends. I spent my summer laughing, cooking and eating some amazing new foods, going on adventures, sitting around the fire at night roasting marshmallows, having quality talks with my sister, and watching my adorable nephews! It was a much needed break and I feel refreshed and ready to start the next chapter of my life.

If you had asked me when I graduated in June, just a short couple of months ago, if I planned on moving to Hawaii to teach I would have told you no way!! But God obviously had a different plan for me and I am excited for this amazing opportunity that God has provided for me. I feel very confident that this is where God wants me to be this year and even though I know I will miss all my family and friends (I am so thankful I have Laura to go on this journey with), I am sure that this year is going to be an adventure that I never forget!

~Jessica  

No comments:

Post a Comment